Still under the weather, so not a full post this week. Instead, a few things I learned this week:
- Muslims have been part of the U.S. military in every major war the U.S. has ever been involved in. Several were documented as members of the colonial army fighting the British in the Revolutionary War and nearly 300 died in the American Civil War (Captain Moses Osman was the highest ranking in the Civil War).
- Sikhs have been part of the U.S. military since WWI.
- Until 1980, men in the U.S. military were allowed to have beards while on active duty, Reagan changed that policy until it was reversed in the early-1990s.
- I really, really hate third person present perspective, especially when it shifts between limited and omniscient (editing job; more on this later).
- Being congested sucks, especially when you do your best fiction writing by hand . . . oops, sorry, already knew that.
Anyway, writing largely on hold as I’ve shifted back to handwriting all my fiction.